Thursday, November 02, 2006

wittman is this?

After watching a Woody Whittman clip earlier this afternoon I was reminded of the genius that some people have for being completely retarded. Be careful how you interpret what I just said...

People like Woody amaze me. "But he's just like every 14 year old punk that lives down the street from me," you say. And I would say, "yes yes he is."

I might be delusional but I would like to think that even the worst people in this world have a glimmer of good. So, the punk kid down the road might be a brat, he might curse at you as you drive by. But have you heard the music he writes, or read his blog? Have you listened to the ways he cares about the disadvantaged of the world?

Woody Whittman reminded me of the innocence I have lost, of the unidoletorous ignorance I once had. But his isn't real, it is a fabricated stupidity in order to shock/confuse/enrage his targets and get a laugh from his viewers. But, the stupid questions he asks show a depth of thought most other red carpet reporters could only muster when covering the unveiling of a new brand of toilet paper.

Woody Whittman, you reminded me of the hope I see in the peope around me. You reminded me to laugh and to make others laugh. You show the world how to hold on to the traits that make us who we are.

So what if he is making money from what he does. You try and tell me that just because he is raising some revenue from pranks and jokes that it makes his efforts unauthentic and I will prove you wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home